5 Reasons to Consider Promotional Products

Promotional products are unparalleled in their ability to attract new clients, increase brand awareness, and show gratitude for your current clients and employees. Even with the rapid advances of content and digital media, we know promotional products are still a workhorse in marketing.

We’ve heard phrases like: “You have to give to get” and “You have to spend money to make money,” haven’t we? But what, exactly, are we supposed to be spending our money on?

Promotional Products!

They are a proven, cost effective way of marketing your company to a large, diverse audience while doing minimal work. Even if this sounds efficient, you might not be completely sold on this marketing tool. Consider the benefits of adding promotional products to your marketing plans.

1.) Opening Lines of Communication

The law of reciprocity: Give, and you shall receive.

A study by L.J. Market Research found that 52% of participants who were given a promotional item ultimately did business with that company. And, the remaining 48% of participants said they would be more likely to do business with that company in the future because of their gesture.

Giving out promotional products is an “ice breaker,” a very effective touch point in engaging with potential and existing customers. Because you handed them something, he or she is likely to listen to what you have to say.

2.) Drawing Attention

“Hey! Look at ME!”

Perhaps the most powerful word in marketing is “FREE”, so why not offer free things? Not only can promotional products help open lines of communication, but they can also get people to you all on their own!

Your trade-show booth can only be viewed from so far away, so how do you reach people all the way on the other side of the convention center? Include an interesting, creative promotional product offering at your booth, and those who receive one of your items will generate interest to visit your booth!

3.) Promotional Items Have Longevity

“How do I still have this thing?”

Printed and television advertisements might run for a few weeks, billboards for a few months, but promotional products are unique in that one item alone could potentially continue to advertise to new target markets for an unlimited amount of time.

Whether you hand out note pads, pens, t-shirts, USB drives, hand sanitizers, etc., these items are not large or expensive and are useful. Because they are used practically every day, it is favorable they will have long term market exposure.

L.J. Market Research completed another study that interviewed random business travelers in airports across the United States. They found that 71% of the participants said they had received a promotional product sometime in the last 12 months. And, of that group, 33% of those participants had that product on their person!

Unlike traditional advertising, promotional products never stop collecting impressions because they are constantly in use or being passed, or re-gifted, from one person to another. The cost per impression using promotional items is drastically less than that of traditional advertising.

4.) Increase Brand Recognition

Over, and Over, and Over!

Brand recognition requires repeated exposure to the brand name, slogan, and logo. It’s about how others see your company. Seeing the same thing over and over again is often one of the best ways to remember something and that’s where promotional products come in.

According to L.J. Market Research’s study, 76.1% of people who received a promotional product can recall the name of the advertiser that they received in the past 12 months. And, 52% of participants in the study did business with the advertiser after receiving the promotional product.


5.) More Positive Brand Exposure Than You’ve Ever Had

You are awesome!

Brand reputation can sometimes take a lifetime to develop into one that is particularly positive. Why not cut down on that time by using promotional items? 71% of participants in a study done by Louisiana State University could remember the company’s name that gave it to them. You can bet these people also had a favorable impression of the company as well, simply because of their gesture of goodwill.

Promotional items can also be given to employees to reward goals met, accomplishments and even just hard work in general. That particular employee will then, more than likely, continue their hard work at an equal or greater level because of the feeling of appreciation they received because of the gift.

Expand Your Company

Seriously what are you waiting for?

You’ve read the data, read some compelling examples, and it’s time partner with a promotions consultant who will help guide you into uncharted waters. While digital media propels us forward with content marketing, promotional products are still effective and deliver a favorable ROI.

Contact us today!

Comments are Closed